Год выпуска, специализация, статус: 2006, стат.мод., аспирант
|Добавлено: Пт Сен 14, 2012 0:54 Заголовок сообщения: Front Office IT Development & Support Analyst (Moscow)
|1) Role overview
Front Office IT Development & Support Analysts for the Fixed Income Global Currencies and Emerging Markets (GCEM) IT Team Moscow
The role is within the company’s IT Moscow team, working on the ongoing development and support of the Local Currency business technology platform as well as integration of new products into our strategic risk system. Initially, the role will be focused on supporting the risk systems and the tools the trading desk use to generate and publish rate curves and bond prices. The successful candidate will possess the ability to analyse risk and PnL queries raised by the trading desk and work closely with the quantitative analysts, product control, risk management and the global company’s teams to resolve/explain them.
2) Key Deliverables
For candidates with a strong programming background there will be opportunities to carry out programming tasks on the strategic platforms as they increases their knowledge. However, strong programming skills are not essential to operate effectively in the support role.
The candidate would be expected to:
• Possess a desire to become an expert in the Derivatives business
• Embrace interaction with business groups (e.g. traders, quantitative analysts)
• Be able to capture business requirements accurately
• Design and implement new functionality (new models / optimisations)
• Communicate design ideas and take part in peer reviews
• Participate actively and constructively in team design discussions
• Understand the current applications and business processes, identify extensions and new functionality
• There will also be additional responsibilities such as functional verification of delivered features, ad-hoc system bug analysis, and handling of “business as usual” requests
Education & Professional Qualifications
There are no educational pre-requisites for this role. A good degree in a computer science related discipline is typical for our team, though we have many high performing team members with Engineering and Maths backgrounds too. We will also consider candidates with business degrees provided that they have the relevant work experience.
Candidate essential requirements
• At least 3 years in financial services IT industry
• Front Office experience in Fixed Income Derivative products, ideally through involvement with risk management systems
• Fluent spoken and written English, Interest Rate Derivatives working knowledge would be particularly desirable
• This role requires proven experience as an IT solution provider in a business focused development environment with a working understanding of the full development life cycle
• Technical/Business Skills & Knowledge
• A good understanding of Derivatives Pricing principles
• Good knowledge of Excel and VBA
• Understanding of XML
• A good understanding of the importance of good software development practices
• Knowledge of C#.Net and object and component oriented design techniques, desirable but not key
• Team leadership experience desirable
Candidate requirements – “soft” skills
• Strong analytical capability and ability to multi- task
• Learning quickly and self-developing
• Honest, initiative, responsible, self-disciplined, manageable
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and take ownership on issues resolution
• Ability to work long hours / weekends (on exception basis)
• The ability to take ownership of issues and follow to resolution is important; as is an innovative approach and methodical analytical style of problem solving
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish rapport with Front Office users
4) Candidate Value
We actively encourage mobility across teams and offer opportunities for cross training in both roles and technology
Investment Banking Fixed Income IT provides support globally to the various derivative trading groups including Interest Rate Products, Equity Derivatives, Credit Trading, Life Finance, Emerging Markets and Fund Linked Products. The various services provided by Fixed Income IT range from pre-trade analysis to trade capture/processing to risk management. Fixed Income IT systems provide the official valuations and risk to the reporting functions of Product Control, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Financial Control, Collateral, Client Statements and Treasury.
Why is working in this team exciting?
Fixed Income IT is a fast paced, dynamic environment driven by a combination of new business, regulatory projects and optimization of the environment. Providing effective solutions to our clients often involves harnessing the latest technologies, whether this is delivering a new framework for trader facing tools or benchmarking and optimizing code for the latest processors for inclusion in the 14,000+ core Monte Carlo farm which runs 24 x 7 supporting the front office analytic risk calculations.
Emerging Markets business deals across multiple asset classes namely, bonds, FX, interest rate, credit and derivatives. In effect we are a compendium of the Fixed Income business as a whole that deals in markets across tens of emerging market countries and 8 locations. Working for EMG IT offers a unique exposure to multiple asset classes within fixed income.
What do we do?
Key activities include:
• Tools and infrastructure to manage portfolio risk; we both develop and support these tools
• Tools and infrastructure to mark traded instrument prices and internal market data
• Generation of risk scenarios
• Capture and approval of new trades
As one of the world's leading banks, company provides its clients with investment banking, private banking and asset management services worldwide. Founded in 1856, company has a long tradition of meeting the complex financial needs of a wide range of clients, offering advisory services, comprehensive solutions and innovative products to companies, institutional clients and high-net-worth private clients globally, as well as retail clients in Switzerland. Company is active in over 50 countries and employs approximately 45,000 people. Further information can be found at www.credit-suisse.com.
Cultural diversity is essential to our success. As such, we employ people from more than 100 countries. Company empowers employees to work openly and respectfully with each other and with clients, ultimately striving to deliver superior results while offering initiatives and programs to assist employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.